"THE winter woodshed": February 23-25, 2017
The Winter Woodshed is a 3 day intensive for strings, harp, guitar, mandolin, voice, and piano. Each day students will participate in a chamber orchestra, genre-specific ensemble (pop/rock band, bluegrass group, jazz trio, etc...), and in a songwriting group, culminating in a live performance. You'll hone classical technique, fiddle chops, melody and lyric writing, and stagecraft. The program is open to all skill levels. It's ideal for students looking to jump to a new level of technical fluency, musicality and performance experience. The Winter Woodshed is limited to 50 students. Classes include:
- 2 private lessons.
- Daily technique coaching.
- In-depth instruction in Galamian technique for string students: bow technique, vibrato, finger articulation, shifting as well as advanced instruction on stagecraft and performance optimization.
- Performance coaching: teaches stage presence, conquering nerves, and optimizing musicality.
- Songwriting and the art of being creative
- Master-level teaching from the Annie Moses Band and pedagogues from top-tier music conservatories.